RARA-AVIS: Postmodernist thought

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 19 Jun 2003

Johnny Klapp wrote:

And miker, the notion of language constructing reality is fundamental to postmodernist thought. If you're interested, start reading The History of Sexuality, vol. 1, by Foucault, or more or less anything by Foucault
-- Madness and Civilization for instance. (I haven't read that one, but I know a man who has.)

********** Thanks for the info on that, Johnny. I've been trying to come up to speed on some of the schools of literary thought but it's slow going. I've picked up a couple books on the subject but haven't spent much time with them. From what I gather, the more recent the school of thought is, the heavier it is into philosophical obscurities that a simple mind like mine will probably never fathom.

Thanks again, miker