Re: RARA-AVIS: New Everyman Cain collection

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 19 Jun 2003

Bill wrote:

"I bet you don't think much of that, but you'll like Michael Tolkin's review in the 16 June issue of THE NATION. He has a deeper understanding of Cain and of writing in general, and he ranks Cain highly:"

Well, he's a writer, has at least two novels, plus a number of screenplays (a few of which he directed). I've seen most of those movies and really liked them -- people on this list should not miss the undercover cop story Deep Cover or Gleaming the Cube, which looks like a cheap skateboard movie, but is a lot more -- but I haven't read his books. Has anyone here read them? I'm particularly interested in opinions on Among the Dead.

Mark