Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: *Polar* Concerns

From: Nicole Leclerc ( lectrice@videotron.ca)
Date: 18 Jun 2003

Izzo is the only name that rings a bell but I am wondering how she can say that eco-thrillers are conspicuously absent in France. Hasn't she heard about Jean-Christophe Grangé ˇho specializes in them and whose Blood-Red Rivers (aka The Crimson Rivers) has even been made into a film. Other titles translated are The Stone Council, Flight of the Storks. I am not a big fan of this subgenre. However I do love Fred Vargas and was delighted to hear that some of her works have been translated in English.

Nicole L.

> In case you haven't seen it already, you might want to know about an
> awfully good article in TLS (the 5/23/2003 issue, page 23) devoted to
French