Re: RARA-AVIS: CASE OF THE VANISHING BEAUTY, Richard Prather 1950

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 17 Jun 2003

Mark Sullivan wrote:
> Maybe I've tried the wrong ones, but I have the exact same reaction to
> Richard Prather's books -- I find parts amusing (though not too
> terribly), but never feel very compelled to keep reading to find out
> what happens.

************ There have been several recommendations on the list for Prather, but for some reason or other, I wanted to start with the earliest one I could find. I've got a bunch more and I think one of them, SCRAMBLED YEGGS, was a recommended one. I'll give him another try one of these days.

I saw on another list a quote from Shell, "I kissed her once easy, and she didn't mind, so I kissed her again with feeling. She liked the kiss but objected to the feeling." At least that's as close as I can remember it.

miker