RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: City Of Glass

From: Cucci, Ann ( cuccian@ffhsj.com)
Date: 16 Jun 2003

The protagonist in MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN was very interesting because of his afflication (I particularly like the introspection) but I thought that the plot wasn't strong enough to really carry my enthusiasm through to the end of the book. I did like, however, the noirish thread that ran throughout.

Ann

-----Original Message----- From: Graham Powell [mailto: bleekerbooks@hotmail.com] Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 10:44 AM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: City Of Glass

One book you may be interested in is Jonathon Lethem's MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN, which features a detective suffering from Tourette's syndrome. Lethem does a few interesting things with language, too.

Graham

_______________________ Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person. Thank you.