RARA-AVIS: Muscle for the Wing

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 16 Jun 2003

I just finished reading MUSCLE FOR THE WING a week or so ago. I've often wondered if Woodrell would sell better if his titles were more indicative of the content of his novels. This title makes perfect sense, as "The Wing" is the name of the gang Dick mentioned. Anyway, I liked this book a lot. I thought it was better than the other Rene Shade novel I've read, THE ONES YOU DO, and maybe better than GIVE US A KISS.

Bill Crider