RE: RARA-AVIS: Mudgett books of late: Gerlach

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 10 Jun 2003

Erik Larson's THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/devilinthewhitecity/holmes.html and Harold Schechter's DEPRAVED probably isn't the other I was thinking of, nor THE DEVIL'S ROOD by five authors, but damned if I can think of or find a reference to the work now...Mudgett/Holmes...the only good thing one can say about him, I suppose, is that he provided Anthony Boucher with two of his other pseudonyms... TM

-----Original Message----- From: GERLACH, Steven [mailto: steven.gerlach@smavic.com.au] Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 6:32 PM To: ' rara-avis@icomm.ca' Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Ellis (not Arthur): Taboada

>...recently we've seen a
> couple of high-profile Mudgett books, one fiction, one nf--the murderous
> owner of "The Castle" near the Chicago Exposition in 1898.)

Todd, could you please give me details on the two new Mudgett books you mention above?