RARA-AVIS: Non fiction works / analysis...

From: Ron Clinton ( clinton65@att.net)
Date: 10 Jun 2003

> Server is an enthusiastic and respectful reader, but not one of the more
> systematic nor precise users of the established argot...

I've just begun THE NOIR THRILLER by Lee Horsley and while it's too early yet to form any opinion on it, from early page-thumbing of this hardcover it appears to be a great overview of noir literature from the '20's to the
'90's. I managed to snag a copy through our inter-library program and was delighted to be able to do so, since it seems to be quite scarce...and quite expensive when available. While designated perhaps less for popular consumption than educational critique, it looks to be a terrific and informative read. Has anyone read this...any comments?

Ron Clinton