RARA-AVIS: JDM Month

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 05 Jun 2003

It's always a pleasure to have a chance to read a John D. MacDonald book. As I've said before, I'm rereading my way through the Travis McGee series, and now I'm exactly midway, on #11, DRESS HER IN INDIGO (1969). McGee and Meyer go down to Mexico to investigate the death of a friend's daughter.

We have a number of JDM experts on the list, such as Mr. Branche. What would you recommend as the best one or two of JDM's non-McGee books to read? THE EXECUTIONERS? CRY HARD, CRY FAST? THE DAMNED? ONE MONDAY WE KILLED THEM ALL? If you were going to press a battered old Fawcett Gold Medal into someone's hand, which one would you pick?

Bill