Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett's introduction to 1934 FALCON

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Jun 2003

Now I know why my 1934 edition has that page missing... Seriously, Hammett could really write. He calls Couffignal
"a failure", which shows stratospheric standards. I bet Hemingway would have died to have written that. I would have, and I'm not given to thoughts of emulation.

Thanks for forwarding this. I will format it, print it, and return it to its rightful place in the 1934 edition. Eddie: if you return it I will give you a deal on some old Black Masks... I will keep the covers, of course.

Best,

MrT