Re: RARA-AVIS: RE:God is a Bullet: Another Opinion

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 May 2003

What I recall about GiaB is that, while overdone, it nevertheless held my attention. It has strong characters, good bones.

The cookery analogy would be a plate of very good but overcooked and overspiced food. Still good to eat, though one would take note and do it better next time.

Of course, one does not get to do anything of the sort to other people's books, so I am speaking rethorically. The book has elicited strong reactions, both positive and negative. I don't think one can be indifferent to it. That's a virtue Teran shares with the best Norman Mailer, to name just one name that comes to mind. In this book, he also shares some defects with the worst Norman Mailer.

So, I would recommend it but only "as is". For people outside the US: in an item for sale, "as is" means no guarantee, no return and no complaints.

Regards,

MrT