RARA-AVIS: Postman movie

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 27 May 2003

I watched the Nicholson and Lange version of THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE. Someone had mentioned a while ago that they didn't like it and that sorta surprised me because I recall liking it when I saw it about the time it came out.

This time I had read the book. I thought the acting was good, I thought the colors and sets were beautiful, and I thought the screenplay was less than mediocre. The screenplay was not an improvement on the content of the book and I don't exactly comprehend why they felt so compelled to make it so much different. The book is compact and visual and seems to lend itself easily to a movie version.

miker