Re: R: RARA-AVIS: Layer Cake by J.J. Connolly

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 25 May 2003

Thanks for the recommendations Luca and Marianne. I started it today. Only a few pages in, and I already like the style and voice, but I have a feeling I may have a number of questions aboutBrit slang along the way.

Here's my first query: "They're turning over any business that couldn't go running back to the Other People, sex shops and massage parlors, doing blags long after they went outta fashion, doing loads of drugs and not giving a fuck about keeping a low profile."

I'm guessing capitalized "Other People" is a reference to organized crime, but what are "blags"?

Mark