Re: RARA-AVIS: Maritta Wolff

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 22 May 2003

William Denton wrote:
> I poked around the web and found a bit about Maritta Wolf (1918-2002),
> whose first novel, WHISTLE STOP (1941) was quite a sensation. She wrote
> five more books, then stopped. What's the word on her? Hardboiled?
> She sounds interesting.

*********** I think I asked about this book way back in the 1940s month and didn't get a response. My guess is that nobody has read it and it's virgin territory for rara-avis. Read it and report back! I'd like to know if you think it's hardboiled/noir. I can only think of three women writing in the area before 1950, Brackett, Highsmith, and Hughes, and would be interested if Wolf can be added to the list.

miker