Re: RARA-AVIS: Wade Miller:miker

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 16 May 2003

Ed Lynskey wrote:
> I can't speak to the Wade Miller book you mentioned, but I
> finished several weeks ago a Wade Miller titled KISS HER
> GOODBYE. The plot was a little outlandish, but the quality of
> writing, imho, was first rate. This one was published in 1956.
> Anyway, I'd read another their (a writer tandem) books if I ran
> across it.

******** Thanks for commenting, Ed. I've got another Wade Miller title that Al Guthrie recommended a long time ago. I think it's a 50s title, too. The wife and I just got back from town. She dragged me by a thrift store and I found THE DEVIL TO PAY by Earl Thompson. I had never heard of it before. I've read CALDO LARGO, TATTOO, and GARDEN OF SAND, and I thought that was all he'd written. I'm really excited about finding it. I rank GARDEN OF SAND up there with McCarthy's BLOOD MERIDIAN and Hemingway's SUN ALSO RISES as one of the best books I've ever read.

miker