RARA-AVIS: Bookstore questions

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 16 May 2003

Had the day off so I cruised by a couple used book stores in town. Got three, SHOOT TO KILL by Wade Miller, CUTTER AND BONE by Thornburg, and SMOKER by Greg Rucka. I haven't read any of those authors yet but I recall them being mentioned here.

Oh well, that wasn't why I wrote. I have a few questions. First, I saw a Simenon called JUSTICE. I think we've got a non-Maigret Simenon month coming up,don't we? Does this one qualify? Is it good?

I also saw a book by Neely called SHATTERED. Is this any good? The blurb called it good old-fashioned 50s pulp, though I noticed the copyright was in the 60s.

Thanks, miker