Re: RARA-AVIS: capers and/or cons

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 14 May 2003

I'm pretty late in getting to this, but a while ago Al responded to my question about contemporary caper writers:

"What about Elmore Leonard, Richard Stark/Don Westlake, Robert Ferrigno, James Hall, Doug Swanson, J. Michael Blue?"

I had mentioned Leonard and Stark in my original query. Thanks for the others. I think I read Ferrigno's first long ago -- starts with a scene on a beach? And I have at least one by Swanson on my shelves, but I thought it was a PI book. This is not to say a PI book can't also be a con or caper books -- GM Ford's The Deader the Better certainly is, in the tradition of Jim Rockford. I've been meaning to read more James Hall after all of the praise here. I read Hall's first long ago, but never got back to him. Been meaning to read Blue, too.

Thanks Al.

Mark