RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: God is a Bullet: Another opinion

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 14 May 2003

Marianne Macdonald wrote: I'm not getting into this discussion - too busy. Just to say that he doesn't go to pick up awards in person, either.

*************** I'm interested in the writing itself more than any ambiguity over the author's identity.

Reading the archives, I notice that you mentioned several literary
"devices" in the book. I'm interested in what these were. I saw the obvious play he made out of the protagonists' names, and I found that amusing. I noticed that someone mentioned that the book follows an old movie. Do you see some adaptation in the book of mythology or classic literature? The reference to the Ferryman is an obvious allusion to his job in Vietnam and the ferryman Charon in Greek mythology who ferried the dead across the river Styx, but I'm wanting to know if there is a more complete analogy than that. The Tarot is referenced in GOD IS A BULLET, but I don't know a darn thing about it, either.

miker