RE: RARA-AVIS: How much Background?

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 May 2003

To clarify. I was not talking about quick allusion to childhood, youth or previous life, but to the full-scale flashback.

I know I am stepping on toes here, and it is not meant to be confrontational, but as a person who had never read Crais before, I liked *L.A. Requiem.* But I thought that the long, Joe Pike flashbacks distracted from the forward movement of the book, even though they may have more thoroughly explained the character, and did have relationship to the present action.

Opininon as always. One man's soup is another man's broth.

Jack

===== See changes at: http://JackBludis.com