RARA-AVIS: Paperback Parade and Carnival Noir

From: Larson, Craig ( Craig.Larson@trinidadstate.edu)
Date: 08 May 2003

Sorry it took me so long to get back with this, but I've been in the process of moving for what seems like forever (one of my helpers, toward the end of the day, looked down at the umpteenth box of books and said "This is just ridiculous!").

Anyway the issue of Paperback Parade that covers carnival novels is #56, a fairly recent one, I think. Here are some of the titles/authors (in the order they're mentioned in the article:

Mannix, Dan. _Step Right Up!_. 1952.

Hanley, Jack. _The Guy From Coney Island_. 1954.

Brown, Frederic. _Madball_. 1953.

Gresham, William Lindsey. _Nightmare Alley_. 1949.

---. _Monster Midway_. 1953.

Alter, Robert Edmond. _Carny Kill_. 1966.

Sanders, Jacquin. _Strip the Heart_ (aka _Freakshow_). 1954.

Moore, John. _Jungle Girl_. 1962.

Hoagland, Edward. _Cat Man_. 1956.

Craig Larson Trinidad, CO