RE: RARA-AVIS: Vachss and the (perhaps) leftists: Ribic

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 05 May 2003

Amen, Rene.

Now for some arguably leftist, or left-sympathetic, medium boiled, I read Ed Gorman's WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW (the protag doesn't quite feel/think/act like a 24yo to me) and began Roger Simon's THE LOST COAST over the weekend.

And, I will admit, Vachss can write, and I'll be seeking SHELLA soon.

TM, anarchist-sympathizer, vigilante-nonfan (even though Batman was the best DC comics guy, yes, aside from the Specter, and I just enjoyed his horror connotations)

-----Original Message----- From: Rene Ribic [mailto: rribic@optusnet.com.au]
 I copped a lot of flak as a school kid for espousing ideas such as equal pay for women, civil rights for gays and opposing the Vietnam War. These ideas are all pretty much the norm here now but when I was a kid it got me branded as a troublemaker at school - the concept of political correctness is nothing new - the only thing that is changed is the notions of what is correct.