RARA-AVIS: David Peace

From: Etienne Borgers ( wbac1203@wanadoo.be)
Date: 04 May 2003

I came across two books by David Peace, British author:
'Nineteen Seventy Four' (1999) and 'Nineteen Seventy Seven'(2001), both part of his :
'Red Riding Quartet'. I'm not sure about the two that follow in the series
(1980 and 1983). It's a kind of crime chronicle for West Yorkshire (Northern part of England). The style is somewhat under Ellroy influence, but we could say that some of the moods and point of views are close to Derek Raymond's approach.

I know very little about David Peace: he's British (originated from W.Y., of course) and apparently he lives now in Japan. I probably overlooked the information available about this writer, but I do not remember anything more. Could somebody of R-A give a hand?

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384