RE: RARA-AVIS: Vachss: no leftist: Robison

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 02 May 2003

Well, Mike, this Leftist don' like the vigilantism, the convenient moral superiority, nor the broad caricatures that are most of the characters
(though that may be the lit snob in me). That and the general goofiness, yet deadly earnestness. Bad mix. I've been meaning to get to his non-series work and his Lansdale collaboration. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Robison [mailto: zspider@gte.net] And of course the books are left wing. Any leftist can point out to you that any concept a right winger might hold concerning child protection ends when they are born. Racist dirty white boys with swastika-bearing flags hanging in their garages are a common feature. And the good guys in the Burke novels are a bizarre racial, cultural, and sexual-preference mix that would leave a lefty ecstatic and a righty shuddering. ;-)