RARA-AVIS: *The Executionsers* / *Cape Fear *

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Apr 2003

Bill Bowers said:

>>Can't lay hands on my copy of "The Red-Hot
Typewriter" at this moment, but, iirc, "The Executioners" was the result of a bet that JDM had with McKinley Kantor: That he (JDM) couldn't write a
"mainstream bestseller" in less than thirty days....

>>I don't know if Kantor paid up, but I'd say JDM
won that particular wager...<<

Was *The Executioners* a best seller before even the second movie?

Just asking.

I always thought that JDMs first best seller was some thing about recovering wetlands for profit. In which he delivered a memoroable line--here paraphrased:

"If any other creature was doing to this planet what man is doing, we would consider it the greatest plague in the history of civilization."

Jack

===== http://JackBludis.com Hollywood Mysteries of the Early Fifties at Amazon.com and BN.com