Re: RARA-AVIS: capers and/or cons: Cape Fear

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 25 Apr 2003

Mark Sullivan wrote: Not a single one of these is based on a book, though.

*************** I got one that's based on a book! Watched Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck in Cape Fear last night. Great movie. Intense. Mitchum is a great bad guy. Who else could smirk like him? I saw the later version with Nick Nolte a long time ago, and it was interesting to see that they copied the original movie with a houseboat ending. I thought that both the movie endings were better than the book's. I liked JDM's CAPE FEAR except the ending. I thought it was a bit of a letdown, which surprised me after the heart-pounding ending to THE DEEP BLUE GOODBYE.

miker