RE: RARA-AVIS: The Glass House: Zelt...

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 21 Apr 2003

FWIW, this did play briefly in theaters. Though among Leelee Sobieski movies, I still prefer JOY RIDE, and not solely because of Jim Beaver's performance therein...(EYES WIDE SHUT not so bad, either). TM

-----Original Message----- From: Dave [mailto: davezelt@attbi.com] Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 6:01 PM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: RARA-AVIS: The Glass House

HBO's been playing the movie, The Glass House. I have no idea if this ever made it into the theatres, but I caught it over the weekend and it's actually a pretty clever and nifty crime movie. I don't want to say too much about it and risk ruining the movie, but the premise is a couple die and their two kids are left as wards to family friends who are not quite what they appear. Stellan Skarsgard, who starred in the original Insomnia, puts in a nice menacing and creepy performance as the new father. It's not a perfect movie, but it was a hell of a lot better than I would've guessed, with shades of Night of the Hunter. I noticed it's on HBO again tonight (8:00 EST).