Re: RARA-AVIS: 80s month - Thierry Jonquet

From: Etienne Borgers ( wbac1203@wanadoo.be)
Date: 14 Apr 2003

At 14:32 11-04-03 -0400, you wrote:
> Has anybody read the other City Lights Noir
>titles? Thierry Jonquet, I think... and a Spanish novel related to jazz? I
>forget.
>JT Lindroos

I do not know which of his titles was selected by City Lights, but Thierry Jonquet is an interesting author. His best Noir works are, IMO, "Les orpailleurs" (= Gold Diggers) and
"Moloch", and his other novels are still far above average and most of them fascinating. One of the very good contemporary French authors.

Speaking of French Noir novels I like to mention Marc Villard, talented writer who uses Jazz, and Jazz musicians, in many of his recent books and shorts. But I do not think he was translated into English yet.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384