Re: RARA-AVIS: 80s month - The Prone Gunman

From: JT Lindroos ( juha@oivas.com)
Date: 11 Apr 2003

> You may be referring to Almost Blue by Carlo Lucarelli, which had a
> translated version released by City Lights a couple years back. It
includes
> some great writing about jazz, Chet Baker in particular. Also, as I've
> mentioned before, it's one of the rare books where I didn't automatically
> skip over reading the alternating chapters from the serial killer's point
of
> view. All in all, a good read.

That's it, thanks. Jazz of course features in Manchette's books as well, but just as a background. Which brings to mind at least the film version (well, the most recent film version) of Patricia Highsmith's Ripley books -- I recall Chet Baker and West Coast Jazz was a prominent part of the soundtrack and some of the dialogue. Was this also true of the books?

--JT.