Re: RARA-AVIS: 80s month - The Prone Gunman

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 11 Apr 2003

Chris wrote:

"For now I've moved on to Knotts and Crosses, the first of the Inspector Rebus series. I've always wanted to get into this series, but have never been able to, which I hope is because I've never started at the beginning and have simply made half-hearted stabs at books further down the line."

I'm kind of anal about reading seies in order, as I did with this one. I definitely liked Knots and Crosses and it got me to move on to the next one (and the one after that, etc), but it has a slightly different feel from the other books in the series, is far more inside Rebus's head and past. I'm not saying this is at all a bad thing, but a different thing. Of course, since you couldn't get into the later ones, maybe this difference will make a better entry for you.

Mark