RE: RARA-AVIS: Re proletarian novels & Steinbeck

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 31 Mar 2003

Joy Matkowski wrote: BTW, let me pass on a compliment I heard about Navy civilians and their writing. My father was complaining about some IRS instructions--the senior citizen deduction guidelines are tossed together in the same paragraphs with a slew of arcane trivia--and he said nobody working for the Navy could get away with such sloppy work.

************ When I first started with the Navy almost 18 years ago, the first report I handed in came back to me with all the words
"use" struck out and replaced with "utilize." ;-) Picking up on the art of pompous writing wasn't hard at all. The only problem is that sometimes it's hard to turn it off and write something honest.

miker