Re: RARA-AVIS: "CriminalConversation" in the PARIS REVIEW Crime issue, #164

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 29 Mar 2003

Al Guthrie wrote: For instance, it's a rare detective novel that grabs my attention.

************ Rene mentioned earlier how he groaned when yet another detective novel succumbed to the "criminal hires the detective" plot. I've become allergic to the "detective gets framed for murder" one. My statistics put that one easily at 30% of the ones I've read, possibly upwards.

I'm sorry to say that Bannion, in THE BIG HEAT, has lost his wife. I'm happy to say that he has quit his job in order to devote himself fulltime to some serious ass-kicking. Really excellent writing. It's one of those books that's hard to put down.

miker