RARA-AVIS: Proletariat lit.

From: Marianne Macdonald ( marianne.macdonald@lineone.net)
Date: 28 Mar 2003

On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 04:48 PM, RARA-AVIS Digest wrote:

> I've read Richard Wright, too, but only NATIVE SON.

Copyright 1940, and not his earliest work.

If you can get hold of a copy somewhere, have a look at PROLETARIAN LITERATURE IN THE UNITED STATES, AN ANTHOLOGY ed. Granville Hicks et al, International Publishers, NY, 1935. Very interesting, lots of good info.

I forgot Philip Roth, CALL IT SLEEP 1935-ish.

And Mosely writes HISTORICALS, Kerry. They are incredibly convincing, but the man was born in 1952.

Marianne