RARA-AVIS: More music more music more music...

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 28 Mar 2003

>In the Bloodworth fiction I write these days,
>mainly shorts and novelettes, I could carry him into his
>eighties, which may be a little limiting, but I prefer to keep
>him in his middle years. Even if I wanted to, I don't think I
>could update his sensibilities, however. So, honest or not, he's
>not going to be trading in his Cab Calloway records on Snoop Dogg
>mini-CDs.

And if he did, it would be notable. Why? Because music does matter, and some types of folks like some sorts of music.

And I understand Leo's taste in music. It fits HIM.. Same way, oh, say, Spenser -- who must be pushing 70 -- listens to that stuff. But for someone to start a series now about a thirty or forty-something guy who only listens to music from the forties, well, sure, it happens, but it's uncommon enough to at least be seen as possibly sorta precious.