RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V5 #102

From: Marianne Macdonald ( marianne.macdonald@lineone.net)
Date: 28 Mar 2003

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 09:00 AM, RARA-AVIS Digest wrote:

> "In the 1930s, were there any other writers that wrote hardboiled
> Proletariat novels besides Dos Passos and Steinbeck?"

You might want to investigate James T Farrell, Thomas Wolfe, Faulkner, Erskine Caldwell, Michael Gold, maybe Sinclair Lewis though really too sentimental, Upton Sinclair, Josephine Herbst, Langston Hughes (wrote novels as well as his poetry), Richard Wright?...probably a lot of others now forgotten - and certainly by me.

Marianne