RE: RARA-AVIS: RE: Soul Circus

From: Joe Dante ( joe_dante@flashmail.com)
Date: 25 Mar 2003

At 3/25/2003 03:56 PM, Mark Sullivan wrote:
>That CD that came out with a Vachss book a few years ago, was it made up
>of songs that were in the book or songs inspired by the book?

Artists and songs mentioned in the book. With the exception of one track that was inspired by Vachss' stand-alone, Shella. But the song was also mentioned in the book. Vachss is a big Blues and Doo Wop fan, and it does show in his books. Being a pretty hard core Blues fan myself, I have to say the CD did not disappoint. I recommend it to people who want a good Blues sampler.

SAFE HOUSE: A Collection of the Blues
<http://snurl.com/115n>

Joe D.