Re: RARA-AVIS: Payback

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 21 Mar 2003

Mark Sullivan wrote about Payback: I thought the movie sucked.

********* Well, I can mention a few things I liked about it. For one thing, he was not a "nice" bad guy. He stole money from a panhandler and then pushed him around. He shot two people in cold blood. I LOVED the kinky S/M Asian girl. I liked that there weren't any big huggie-bear-kissy-face romantic inter- ludes. It was nice seeing a couple of other familiar faces, Kristofersen and Coburn. And I thought the humor worked well. Did you say Tarantino avoided humor in the violence in Pulp Fiction? I thought it had humor laced into the violence just like Payback. Even more so.

I mentioned these things not in argument, but just to be a bit more specific about what I liked.

WAHOOO! They're showing an EA-6B Prowler on the news and talking about the radar jammer on it. That's what I do. I support the ALQ-99 jammer on that hog!

miker