Re: RARA-AVIS: The Killers

From: jumblejim ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 21 Mar 2003

> Was it miker who recently lamented the lack of good hardboiled lit
> adaptations on DVD? Well, I recently ran cross the new reissue of The
> Killers, which collects both film versions of Hemingway story (well,
> they start with tthat story, sort of). And look at all of the extras:

This disk sounds terrific. I like both versions of the film, though I buck the flow a bit by preferring the later. Lee Marvin and Clu Gulager would have been perfectly at home in PULP FICTION, and I really like Ronald Reagan as the bad guy. The expression on his face in his last scene is priceless.

Jim Beaver