RE: RARA-AVIS: Payback

From: GERLACH, Steven ( steven.gerlach@smavic.com.au)
Date: 20 Mar 2003

G'day everyone,

Just joined the list yesterday and I'm thrilled to see talk about Stark and Aussie crime. :)

I preferred the Marvin version (much more realistic and 'gritty') but the Gibson version was okay too.

Hope to talk with you all soon,

Steve

-----Original Message----- From: Terrill Lankford [mailto: lankford2000@earthlink.net] Sent: Friday, 21 March 2003 1:36 PM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Payback

----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Robison < zspider@gte.net> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 8:11 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Payback

> Just watched Mel Gibson in Payback. Fantastic movie. Loved it.
> Of course, it spoiled reading the book, but I can live with that.
>
> miker

Miker,

I just watched this one again yesterday, myself (must be the full moon). If you liked it, try POINT BLANK with Lee Marvin. It's even better. And I don't think either movie ruins the reading of the book. It has quite a few differences from both of them.

TL