Re: RARA-AVIS: Australian hardboiled ?

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 19 Mar 2003

miker -- Taken for what they are, I like the Carter Brown books. The writing is nothing fancy, the plots don't always make sense, but those suckers really move along. And as Rene mentioned, they have great covers, many of them by Robert McGinnis.

I second the recommendations of Peter Corris. I've read several of his novels and thought they were very good. I have a few Larry Kent novels but have never read them. I think most of the Larry Kents were actually written by a guy named Don Haring, and I suspect they're very similar to the Carter Browns.

James