Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald MacCampbell

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 19 Mar 2003

Rene, I got the impression that MacCampbell had a solid deal with the Australian Phantom publisher, who took just about everything MacCampbell sent him. I know they did some Wade Miller books, amd those two were also MacCampbell's clients.

MacCampbell had high praise for Richard Carroll, who was sort of the Maxwell Perkins of Gold Medal to hear MacCampbell tell it. Fletcher Flora eventually sold to Gold Medal, but maybe it was after Carroll was no longer the editor.

Bill Crider