Re: RARA-AVIS: No Good from a Corpse

From: Bill Bowers ( BBowers@one.net)
Date: 19 Mar 2003

>Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:46:36 -0500
>From: "Michael Robison" < zspider@gte.net>
>Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: No Good from a Corpse
>
>Rene wrote:
> > miker, if you're still looking for it, No Good from a Corpse was also
> > published as a trade paperback in the Simon & Schuster / Blue Murder
> > series and should be pretty easily, and cheaply, available through
> > someone like ABE or Amazon's Z shops.
>
>*********
>
>Thanks, Rene. The last time I searched Abebooks for it I only got a couple
>listings and they were all too expensive. I just tried it again and got 36
>hits.
>
>I found the Dennis McMillan edition for fairly cheap. I kinda wanted it
>because I believe it's got some short stories also, and a foreword or
>afterword or whatever by Connelly.
>
>Thanks again, miker

Yes, in addition to the novel, the McMillan version contains another short novel (from 1943; which makes it as olde as I...), six short stories and novelets (from 1943 thru 1945), the one crime short story she wrote in the 50s (from 1957) -- as well as an Introduction by Bradbury, that Afterword by Connelly, and an Bibliography, including screen credits....

I do hate it when two books from an author appear under an identical title, but with different contents, without even a sub-title, but in this case I was thrilled to find a mint copy after it was OOP ... particularly for the list price of $35.00.

I'm currently thoroughly pissed at Dennis, but he gives good book -- so if you have a chance to pick up this one, do so!

--
Bill Bowers
         ...on pristine "First Editions":