Re: RARA-AVIS: New Crider book & Norbert Davis back in print

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 14 Mar 2003

> Rene, I've worried a lot about that cover. My theory is
> that mystery readers won't touch that book, and I've
> actually read a review in which the reviewer said she'd
> never let anyone see her with a copy of it. I'm just hoping
> that all the romance readers will buy it. That would boost
> my sales a ton. (The book is about a murder at at romance
> writers' workshop, so don't worry. It may not be hardboiled,
> but it's not a cozy, either.)
>
> Bill Crider
> --

One thing's for sure - the cover jumps out at you in the context it was displayed in (new crime/mystery releases). From that point of view it most definitely fulfils its function. I hope it goes well for you. At any rate, Abbey's Bookshop in Sydney have got at least half a dozen copies on the shelves. They must be expecting to sell a few.

Rene