RARA-AVIS: H. A. De Rosso

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 09 Mar 2003

A while back James Reasoner mentioned De Rosso as a western writer who might be of interest. I read a De Rosso book and liked it enough to read another one, which I just finished. 44 is a terrific noir western, just about as dark as they come, and I recommend it to anyone who'd like to see how westerns and noir mix. My copy is an old Lion Book from the early 1950s, but I believe this title was reprinted by Leisure Books not so long ago.

(Note to Richard Moore: the title [.44] refers to the caliber of the main character's pistol, not to measurements of any other kind.)

Bill Crider