RARA-AVIS: Owen Parry/Ralph Peters

From: Grimes ( redgrimes@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 06 Mar 2003

Owen Parry and Ralph Peters are one and the same. An Amazon reviewer of Peters' 1999 novel "Traitor" writes, "In an author's afterword, Peters decribes this book as his homage to Chandler, Hammett and Cain." So the original thread wasn't off topic after all.

Peters is a fascinating guy - he retired from the Army as a Lt. Col to write full time. Over the years he's written several novels under his own name and Parry, and has also written on military and political strategy issues. The Parry novels are set in the Civil War.

 Is anyone familiar with Traitors?

Steve Lichtman

----- Original Message ----- From: "JIM DOHERTY" < jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 7:15 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett nominees