Re: RARA-AVIS: 1970s reading

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 05 Mar 2003

Al, you & the other guys seem to have the 70's pretty much wrapped up. I might suggest Joseph Hansen's series about gay insurance sleuth Dave Brandstetter. I read the first one recently, Fadeout (I think), which I think was published in 1970. I echo your sentiment re: Eddie Coyle. There is a great movie of this around too, one of my all time favourite 70's movies, starring Robert Mitchum. it's in my personal 70's top film list, with Blue Collar, Mean Streets, Get Carter & The Long Good Friday.

Rene