RARA-AVIS: THE GETAWAY film, #1

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 03 Mar 2003

Or, of course, Sam Peckinpah women...if they can scrape up even that much gumption, while waiting for their men to come beat them.

TM, not a fan of the first film of THE GETAWAY

-----Original Message----- From: Rene Ribic [mailto: rribic@optusnet.com.au]
> Thinking a little more about Jim Thompson films, the original "The
> Getaway" has to have the most perfect casting possible with Steve
> McQueen as Doc McCoy and Al Lettieri as Rudy. It's just too bad the
> movie had to ruin the book's terrific apocalyptic ending.

Not to mention whitewashing McCoy's character. I mean, you can't have Steve McQueen doublecrossing & murdering his partners in crime. Only bad criminals do that kind of thing.