Re: RARA-AVIS: "Evan Hunter" et al ...

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 29 Mar 2003

Al referred to my earlier email in which I mentioned

> > I too can attest to this - a quick search for Lombino in the archives
will
> > find the story of how McBain came to accuse me of
anti-Italian-Americanism
> > (and immortalise my name in an 87th precinct novel)
>
> The Steve Carella rant you refer to is quoted on McBain's website
> http://www.edmcbain.com/Newsdesk.asp?id=147
> Sadly, it stops short of the bit where your name is mentioned, John (or is
> this the expurgated version?).

Yes its the expurgated version because in an initial atack of humourlessness I had my lawyer tell McBain to cease and desist from calling me a racist, which he agreed to do, though I have to say I never checked subsequent editions of Kiss.

John