RE: RARA-AVIS: "Evan Hunter" et al ...

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 28 Feb 2003

Bill Crider wrote:

One of the characters in my Sheriff Rhodes series is a big Ed McBain fan, so I wrote something in one of the books about McBain's various names. Someone told him about it, and he read the book, after which he wrote me a very nice letter in which he explained that he had made the change legal. He doesn't like to be reminded of his birth name, as I think Richard Moore can attest. I believe Richard asked him about it at the Omaha Bouchercon.

********** If he is touchy about his name, I wonder how he felt about the paperback HAIL, HAIL, THE GANG'S ALL HERE that has his name on the title page as Ed McBaine. Talk about typos... That's the same one I mentioned earlier with the dedication to the MWA suggesting (humorously, I believe) that he deserved an award for the book.

miker