RARA-AVIS: Herries paperback

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 27 Feb 2003

> PROWL COP by Gregory Jones (Ace D-147).
> >
> >Is there anyone here who's either read the book or is
> >familiar with the writer?
> >
> >JIM DOHERTY
>
> I've got this book, but haven't read it. It's an Ace Double, with "My
> Private Hangman" by Norman Herries on the flipside. I've read the
Herries
> one, and it wasn't much good, so I never got around to reading the
Jones
> novel. I haven't heard of any other books by either author. That
Boucher
> recommendation sounds promising though; I'll have to read the Jones
book and
> report back.
>
> Paul

I have another title by Herries, an Ace pb titled Death Has 2 Faces, which I haven't read (& probably won't, after your report, Paul) but it does have one of those deliriously sleazy covers that Ace were so good at: a sleazy looking blonde with a glass in her hand, sitting next to a bed & looking at some character "off-camera". Casually draped over a bed head is a gun in a holster & various articles from a policeman's uniform. I don't know about the writing inside but the cover is practically a nice little noir vignette on its own.

Rene