RE: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Omnibus question

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 27 Feb 2003

Bill Crider wrote: miker, I've glanced at my pb edition, and I don't believe it contains the following:

Des Ormeaux, J.J.(Forrest Rosaire) "The Devil Suit." Coxe, George Harmon "Murder Mixup." Booth, Charles G. "Sister Act."
"The Sleeping and the Dead", edited by August Derleth Wandrei, Howard "The Last Pin"

************* Thanks, Bill. I've been shopping for it and it's a high-dollar item (at least for me) and I was wondering if I could live with the paperback or not.

I've become interested in the transitions that hardboiled made from the Twenties into the Thirties, and I've been trying to collect some of the Black Mask stories from then. Other than Gruber's "Big Five" (Daly, Gardner, Hammett, Whitfield, and Nebel, I think), it's hard to find many collected hardboiled stories from the Twenties.

I think Coxe had a drunken lawyer for a protagonist. I can't remember where I read that.

miker